Monday 6 May 2019

End Of Module Evaluation

Overall, I have found this module enjoyable and one of the most interesting modules this year, particularly Studio Brief 2. This was because this brief focused on a real 21st century issues, so it is extremely relevant in terms of Graphic Design right now and it also meant that I learnt a lot about the particular ways of how Graphic Design can change society and really make a difference. Also, I felt that I learnt a lot about the particular issue that I focused on (the effects of social media), researching into something that I felt really passionate about also made the whole process a lot more fun and educational.

However, I felt that Studio Brief 1 wasn’t as enjoyable and in depth, mainly because it was a shorter brief and we were told right from the start to just stick with a simple concept and not spend too long over thinking it. This was an advantage at the same time as it meant I could research for Studio Brief 2 more thoroughly and overall had more time to think about and develop how I could communicate my ideas and research through the designs I created for it.

Being able to use design for screen and design for print for my Studio Brief 2 final outcomes was convenient as I am interested in both areas which is clear to see throughout all of the other briefs that I have worked on this year, both design for screen and print were relevant towards my concept and issue.

In future projects I will continue to focus on real life 21st century issues and topics where relevant, as I feel that it is important as a Graphic Designer to recognise how we can make a change through what we create. I also want to look more into design for screen animations as creating animated posters for Studio Brief 2 was really fun and everyone seemed to love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment