Friday 28 December 2018

Chosen Brief

The briefs that intrigued me the most were all from the D&AD briefs. The top 3 that I was interested in were the briefs for Durex, Adidas and Heinz.

I decided to go with the Durex brief as I found it most interesting and it is also aimed at my age group (16-24 year olds) which makes it more personal to myself and I feel like I'd be able to gather a lot of first hand research from friends and other people my age- even through short interviews/surveys possibly?. I felt that this brief has a clear message, basically to make carrying a condom the norm.

How to stand out when tackling this brief: This topic has been explored by a wide number of organisations in the past so how am I going to make my idea unique and better?? 'Try to avoid stereotyped imagery and puns' instead, 'try to create a beautifully lead campaign' this uses alternative imagery, focus on a more clever/meaningful approach than the previous adverts that often focus on humour...




The main focus for the brief is to make carrying/use a condom the 'norm' as if it were a card in your wallet that you always carry (like ID or credit card). The brief mentions "just like making a cup of tea or brushing your teeth". 

So...an interesting way to tackle this could be to incorporate a condom into 'normal' everyday uses, focus on clever imagery and photography with this deeper meaning (carry a condom!):

  • Make the condom look like a card in a wallet
  • Make the condom look like a tea bag inside a cup of tea
  • Incorporate the condom into the toothpaste/ Durex toothpaste being put onto a toothbrush
  • Sleep- make the condom look like a pillow
  • Makeup- make the condom look like a Durex makeup product that someone is applying
etc...

Additionally, on the brief sheet under the 'How to be real' sections it states:

'Durex stands for real sex. No filters, no film sets, no faking. Sex thats open, honest and fun" I could use this as a tagline/slogan for the general campaign/something that appears often or on a key piece? With a hashtag #BeReal. A hashtag relates to the target audience as well (social media that use the hashtag is popular within 16-24 year olds)

Things to remember/consider:
  • It is a sensitive topic
  • Innuendo and crass jokes wont inspire an audience to change their habits
  • Target audience 16-24 year olds, so keep it fresh, current/contemporary and eye catching! 
  • Only use Durex condoms in the imagery/photographs (obviously)
  • Research previous Durex adverts

No comments:

Post a Comment