Saturday 1 December 2018

Development From Critique

Based on critique feedback, I have developed my app design further. One of the comments mentioned that men might also want to use the app, making the colour palette more neutral and pale would make it less girly and more gender neutral (purple). I was going to use Pantone 531 C but I felt that the purple was a little too bright, I used Pantone 670 C for my final colour as it is more minimal and soft without being dull.




Furthermore, I also changed the gradient angles to be more subtle as the peach gradient was a little tacky and full on. A more subtle gradient looks a lot more professional and clean. Additionally, the critique also mentioned that I should use a sans serif typeface, sans serif is more suitable for an app as it is more minimal and legible, I changed the typeface from Georgia to Futura.

I have also changed the favourites icon from a heart to a star as I felt the heart was also too feminine, a star is also more relevant to 'favourites' whereas I think a heart icon is more relevant to 'likes' for example.

New colour palette with Futura typeface

I have also developed my icons as I felt the previous ones were quite basic and boring. The new icons are a lot more effective as they are more illustrative which gives a soft and playful aesthetic- the softness matches the pale colour palette.

I have also changed the typeface from Futura to Open Sans. Futura looked a bit too child like whereas I need a more professional look for my app as it is aimed at an older audience. Open Sans is a humanist sans serif typeface designed by Steve Matteson,  it is most effective for print, web, and mobile interfaces, as it is incredibly legible.

Old icons (left) New icons (right)



No comments:

Post a Comment