Thursday 27 December 2018

Starting Studio Brief 1

Deliverables:

1. Studio practice blog: labelled "OUGD503 SB1" containing all developmental work, experiments, research, considerations, etc.

2. 5-6 design boards per brief - This is your academic submission and should be different to your competition submissions.

3. Presentation boards / proposals / competition submission documents - formats for competition submissions. EVIDENCE ON BLOG.

4. Studio brief 1 evaluation




For Studio Brief 1, I have the option to either focus on one main brief, or a selection of smaller briefs. I think the best option for me personally is to choose one big brief, as I feel like this will allow my focus to remain towards one topic and I'll be able to put all my time and effort into it. I feel like it would have a better outcome, whereas with a few smaller briefs I feel like it could become unorganised.

The substantial competitions/live briefs to choose from include YCN, D&AD, ISTD, RSA and Starpack. The ones that interested me the most are YCN and D&AD, the briefs that they offer are a lot more exciting and current, they also offer the best prizes. 

  • The deadline for YCN is the 28th of March and the deadline for D&AD is the 20th of March.


I also feel that with the briefs that they provide, I would be able to gather a lot of research which is important. This is due to the fact that their briefs include creating work based on bigger/popular brands such as KFC, Durex, John Lewis, Adidas, Childline, Gumtree and more.

Additionally, D&AD was the first one I was drawn to as I've been familiar with them for a long time and also because we recently had a visit from them. Also, winning a pencil opens a lot more opportunities for the future. However, D&AD is probably the most competitive and hardest.

No comments:

Post a Comment