Monday 4 December 2017

Critiquing other layouts

As a group, we each selected the two grid designs that worked best to be displayed in order to have a quick critique, this allowed me to see what design decisions worked well in other peoples work that I could try out myself.


 I have selected a list of my favourite grid design experiments that were created by my peers today;

 

I loved these pieces as the use of a singular colour works extremely well; I also like how different shades of the same colour are created because of the different collage materials used. I particularly think the blue one would work well as a cover.


This piece is similar to the singular colour collages above, however this one uses two colours. The two contrasting colours work really well overlaid; I will try out this technique myself.



I love these two collage grid designs above as the idea of cutting up the images works extremely well. You can still see what the image is, just in a more playful and abstract way; creating shapes. I think the colour schemes work well too and are clear to see.


I think what works well in this design is the first page; the imagery on its own is strong but the hand drawn doodles/type ties it together and pushes it further; strong combination of digital and hand drawn methods.


The colour scheme works well in these pieces, the two colour schemes both have different aesthetics and the contrasts off the whites/creams work well with the reds/peaches. 


I love these two collages as cover designs as the contrast and proportions between the image and text work really well. In the second one, I love the idea of one block of simple text with a busy background dominating most of the page. In the first one, the ripped text aesthetic works well with the busy background, as well as the range of different typography used.

No comments:

Post a Comment