Friday 8 December 2017

Grids Research Publication Critique

This morning we had a group critique of our grids research publications in order to receive feedback on how to improve and to get opinions on what worked well throughout the publication. The publication was split into research, grid systems explanations and collages/photocopies which interpret each grid theory.

Feedback on the areas that worked well:

  • The print out on acetate is effective
  • The acetate collage is easy to see continued as a grid over the cover of the publication
  • Acetate printouts work well as it they are bright, vibrant and funky
  • Clear use of grid systems
  • Colour choices work well throughout
  • Really likes the overlaid look that I have gone for and how it translates throughout the whole publication
  • More transparent paper uses as they work really nicely and the colours used within them work well
  • Likes the different paper sizes used
  • The use of highlighting key information throughout the research is effective as it shows that I have actually read it
  • Really nice range of development work, research and summaries of grid systems
  • Good amount of use of collage and practical approaches to interpret grids
  • The research is well organised; you can clearly understand what is my own work and what is research
  • The Grid system explanations are well written
  • Loves the overlaid effects
  • One of the collages that I created using modular grids works really well (the one where I created squares from zoomed in parts of a variety of different collages and then arranged them into a grid) this would work as a book cover
  • The singular colour photocopies portray stability well
  • Good use of colour
  • Strong angles within the collages
Feedback on the areas to improve:
  • Experiment more with paper stock to add more variety; This is a good idea, I will try this out with the collages that work best
  • Maybe photocopy the layouts/collages to make it more professional instead of having the original ones in there; I agree with this, it will create a more sleek look.
  • Some designs not eligible; It would be nice if the designs were stated so I could improve on them particular ones, I will look through my designs.
  • Use more acetate as it works well; I agree, I enjoy the acetate photocopies as well so it will be a fun process.
  • Might be nice to have a plain background behind the acetate photocopies to see them clearer; I kept photocopied paper collages behind purposely to show the combination of two grid systems overlaid.
  • It would be good to see more digital work and digitally arranged images; I agree
  • Larger text would be nice to see for headings; I wanted to generally keep the same size for the type so that it doesn't look over complicated as my collages are quite busy and vibrant already.

No comments:

Post a Comment