Sunday 17 December 2017

Music Video Collaging

'4. Find a piece of music that relates to your book in some way (film soundtrack, related to the period the book is based in, period, etc.). Draw this piece of music in Illustrator. Repeat the exercise 5 times'

I have experimented with the task of creating illustrations from music, but using a collage approach, however I will still also complete the task in the Illustrator technique too. I decided to listen to my favourite song from each film for my chosen books, the songs I chose were; The Lion King 'I just can't wait to be king, Aladdin 'A whole new world' and Cinderella 'A dream is a wish your heart makes'. When watching the animated song videos, I made notes of interesting imagery that I saw throughout each video. I wanted my collages to look ambiguous, different to what the typical books covers for them look like as they all mainly use the same type of imagery; e.g. illustrations of the main characters with the title of the movie/book. I really enjoyed creating these collages and finding interesting language to go with them.

List of imagery notes from The Lion King 'I just cant wait to be king'; trees, birds, soil, lions, tigers, giraffes, leaves/flowers, elephants, water/rivers, family, feathers, green zebras, red rhinos, monkeys



List of imagery notes from Aladdin 'A whole new world'; magic carpet, skyline, starts/starry skies, night time, moon, jewellery/gold, temples, flowers, clouds, fireworks, birds, rivers, pyramids, statues, horses, lights

 


List of imagery notes from Cinderella 'A dream is a wish your heart makes'; bed head, the little blue birdies, hair brush, shoes, the mice, window, wand/needle, old clothes/rags, sewing materials, clock, apron, bed

 

These are my favourite collages for each book.




No comments:

Post a Comment