Tuesday 8 October 2019

Bratz Photoshoot Research

Since I plan on visiting family this weekend where I will have access to all of my old Bratz dolls and Bratz furniture, I plan on doing the photoshoots then and possibly bringing things back with me if needed. So, it was important to do some research into existing Bratz doll photoshoots and advertising material.

Photoshoot research:

@dollease
I love the work of Joshua (@dollease), I found his work useful to look at as he puts emphasis on appropriate background scenes and scenario, which makes the photographs look a lot more realistic and fun. I love the shots in which he adds a fake background in the back as he pairs the outfits really well with the backgrounds he chooses.

His use of props (phones, furniture, makeup products etc) with the dolls is also really affective in giving the overall photograph and concept more personality. I definitely think using props will work really well in communicating each different theme and look successfully.




@martincantos
I find Martins work particularly interesting through the way he pays close attention to the little details in every doll look such as hair and makeup. He often creates Bratz doll looks inspired by celebrities which is different to what other Bratz artists do.

His photographs are also really well shot which I need to try and achieve through mine as well with the right lighting and editing. I have been a fan of Martins work for a long time.




@officialbratz
Of course, it was important to look into the actual Bratz advertising imagery and Instagram page. I found some really interesting images which combine what both Joshua and Martin do in their work, even though their work has more of a personal, funky touch. 

The official Bratz imagery focuses more on Bratz with furniture, props and several dolls together in different scenarios, which works well in promoting the separate accessories and furniture which often come separate to the doll.




No comments:

Post a Comment