Thursday 1 February 2018

6 Developed Posters Critique

These are 6 poster designs that I have developed after Mondays silent critique of the initial designs. I have only developed one of the posters from Monday, numbers 2,3,4,5 and 6 are new designs using new imagery and ideas that were suggested to me on Monday.

I feel that I have produced a good amount of work to continue developing, I tried to give each poster a different aesthetic so that I had a wide range of imagery to play around with, if I choose to combine to designs for example. Today I had a critique in my critique group of 8 in order to receive feedback on which design/designs to develop into my final A2 poster.

Feedback:

  • Design number 4 (the music drawing piece) was liked, in order to develop this I need to think more about the type, the type doesn't work as well as the playful illustration.
  • Design number 3 was the favourite out of them all
  • I could try the Excel typography idea on design number 3?
  • On design number 1, the 20:00 should be more bold as the background is bright and busy
  • Design number 1 was also a favourite because of the background imagery and colour
  • Handwritten type on number 2 works well
  • With design number 3, someone asked; "why those colours?" I said that I could use 2 colours that are more relevant to phones and technology, however someone else in the critique then says that they liked the idea of the colours not being obvious. I will think more about colour when developing
  • Play around with layout; cut one image into two chunks?
  • Worst design is the 'Ring Ring' poster; but the Excel text could be something to experiment with







No comments:

Post a Comment