Friday 2 February 2018

Final Zine (Pussy Power- Vogue) (Steve Hockett workshop part 2)

This is what the final zine looked like, we thought of calling it 'Pussy Power' as it represents the idea of the cats being the glamorous vogue models, as well as being humorous and fun. I think the final zine was extremely creative and fun; I loved the whole idea of collaging the cats on the models, I think the combination of paper worked really well too (thin newspaper, normal white paper, coloured paper, and sugar paper) and the photocopy experiments worked really well throughout the zine too; duplicating the same image, zooming, shrinking and using single colour.

I really enjoyed making this zine and I feel that this was clear to see through the aesthetic of it as it is fun, vibrant and a little bit weird. Working with my friend Jake was really fun as well as I felt that our ways of working combined together worked successfully, we both have an interest in fashion as well so the idea of using Vogue magazines to collage was an exciting task for both of us.

 I also think we managed our time well; 15 minutes to generate ideas and gather material, one hour and 15 minutes to photocopy and half an hour to put the zine together.






This is one of my favourite zines that someone else created; 'The story of the happy fluffy bunny'. Each drawing tells a different story of how the bunny evolves/gets through his day, this was an extremely effective and funny way to illustrate these drawings, e.g. one of the pages was when the bunny turned into a cow. I really liked the limited colour palette used as well; white, blue, and magenta.




No comments:

Post a Comment