Monday 26 February 2018

26 Characters Research

In order to begin taking some interesting objects using my 5 objects, I have begun to research some artists/photographers that interest me. One particular art account on Instagram that I have been inspired by for a while now is @iamblueiampink, the account consists of art direction, set design and photography.

The name 'iamblueiampink' comes from the colour scheme of pink and blue that runs throughout their work which I find interesting, as well as the extremely unique, quirky and weird set designs that they create. A key reason why their set designs have such a quirky feel to them is because they often use weird objects/textures with a lot of character; animal ornaments, poured alcohol, dolls and toys, snazzy accessories, smoke, spilt liquid etc.

In the photographs, a lot of the objects are often floating in the air, or balanced in really weird ways. I'd like to experiment with this style as it creates a sort of magical, fantasy aesthetic, in order to create photographs in this way I'd need to edit thoroughly or maybe tie my objects with string. I will also play on the idea of a limited colour palette in some of my photographs in the same way they do (blue and pink), I will select colours that appear consistently throughout my 5 objects, as well as experimenting will singular colour and black and white.





No comments:

Post a Comment