Thursday 1 March 2018

26 Characters Initial Development

I have started to take photographs for my 26 Characters publication by thinking about the ideas and experiments that I came up with on Friday as well as some ideas that were suggested by Pat. When taking photographs, I played around with the different settings on my Canon camera; blur, monochrome, vivid, brighter, soft and more.

From the photographs that I have taken I have begun to create a lot of collage work where I have combined several pictures together, a collaged quirky aesthetic has begun to run throughout a lot of my photographs. When taking and editing photographs, as well as collage, I have also experimented with singular colour, order, colour palettes, cropping the photographs into certain shapes, repeated pattern and grids.



These are 3 of my favourite characters so far;
  • Photograph 1 follows the narritive of using the Polaroid as the basis and then collaging into it using the faces of the people in the polaroid; replacing a face with my panda teddy's face, creating glasses through collaging a photograph of my film camera etc. I love the quirky aesthetic of this, it gives the original polaroid a lot more personality and humour.

  • Photograph 2 is a collage that was created using a photograph of my eyeshadow palette; the original palette is used as a template, then photographs of the other 4 objects are dropped into the palette colour circles as if each object is an eyeshadow colour. 

  • Photograph 3 follows plays on the concept of creating a colour palette using a photograph, I really liked the photograph on its own because of the angles but I wanted to push it further; I created a mosaic of the photograph which then allowed me to create a customised colour palette of 5 colours. The idea of summarising the photograph purely based on 5 colours from it.



No comments:

Post a Comment