Monday 12 March 2018

Developing Previous Collages

As well as creating new collages to use within my identity publication, I have re-used and edited some of the collages from the original Fanzine Factory publication; my favourite ones that I think communicate the idea of identity best. These are examples of 2 double pages spreads which use the original Fanzine collages compared with the new edited versions that I have created.


For this double page spread, I have used both of the original collages as they are and experimented more with adding some language and mark making. The mark making/doodles on the left collage are inspired by the doodles on the collage on the right; linking the two together. I have also added some text that I edited myself underneath the first image to create the idea of a bio about the man in the collage; suggesting something about his identity.



This double page spread has been developed further than the previous one. I have only used the collage on the right combined with one of the new collages that I have created, I think both collages work really well together in terms of colour and layout. I have also added more text into this page from articles about identity. Furthermore, the little mark making and doodles work really well with the photographs. The photographs have been cut up and re-arranged.

No comments:

Post a Comment