Friday 9 March 2018

Developing Publication; New Collages

In order to develop my publication from a Fanzine Factory publication based on faces into a zine based on Identity. I have begun to create some new collages which communicate the idea of identity and gender more through using imagery of people with different facial expressions, drag queens, collaging two faces together, celebrities, couples, younger people, fashion, models etc.

I have also started to collage text and language that I found in magazines/articles about drag and identity. Furthermore, I have started to collage different words together to spell out sentences which communicate ideas about gender and identity. The use of typography in this way gives the collages a lot more personality and depth, as well as creating a nice contrast between the imagery whilst at the same time sticking with the collaged aesthetic throughout.

To develop my collages even further, I will experiment with creating collages digitally to create a mixture of collage techniques throughout the publication. I think creating collages digitally will also allow me to experiment with a lot more imagery rather than just imagery found in magazines and posters.



 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment