Sunday 4 March 2018

Publication 3: The power of uncomfortable images

The third publication for Studio Brief 2 focuses on the use of uncomfortable images. For this publication, I was to start by choosing 5 images that make me feel uncomfortable; physically, mentally or both. The images could be 5 completely random images or they could all be of the same theme, I chose to go with the theme of animal testing as it is a topic that makes me feel both mentally and physically uncomfortable as animal cruelty is something that really bothers me.

Most of these images that I found were from news articles or websites which suggests that there is a huge debate about whether it is right or wrong; there were debates whether people think it is right or wrong, as animal testing is often done for cosmetic or medical purposes.

This would be something to research when creating my publication (the different opinions and uses of it). Research into cosmetic brands that test on animals vs cosmetic brands that don't test on animals would also be something to consider for my publication. However, I still extremely disagree with testing on animals.

My 5 uncomfortable images;






No comments:

Post a Comment