Sunday 25 February 2018

Publication 2 Starting Point; 26 Characters

The second publication is based on 5 objects that have some importance to me. I then have to photograph these 5 objects in 26 different ways; situations/compositions/arrangements/still lives. Every composition/photograph must contain all 5 objects. In each photograph, I need to establish some narrative in them, tell a story, or think of an interesting sequence. The publication can't contain any typography except from the title, the title needs to be some snappy and simple.

The 5 objects that I took in were; my panda teddy that I bought when visiting Edinburgh Zoo (especially for the pandas) as pandas are my favourite animals, my favourite eyeshadow palette as I have always had a huge interest in makeup (it is part of my daily routine), my film camera that I have had for a while as I really enjoy using it as I find it really exciting getting my photographs developed, fourthly I took my Nicki Minaj perfume that I have had since I was 14 when she was my favourite artist, and lastly I took a polaroid photograph from my 18th birthday as it was one of my favourite days.

I have begun to think about concepts and ideas to experiment with for each photograph;

  • What is an object?
  • Could I cut out a silhouette of the object?
  • Can the objects be combined/joined together?
  • Could I create a sculpture? Look at set designers that I like; @littledrill and @iamblueiampink
  • Maybe think about colour palettes that I could use; the black and white from my panda combined with Nicki Minaj pink hair from the perfume bottle 
  • Could I collage 2 photographs together to create a new photograph? I love collage so I would find this a really fun technique
  • Scan in the physical objects
  • Play with scale; since the panda is big and the polaroid is small, could I photoshop the panda to look tiny and make the polaroid huge, this contrast would look interesting
  • Experiment with order and hierarchy; tallest to smallest, most fun to most boring, most special to least special, brightest to dullest



In the afternoon we got set a task to take one of our photographs to display at the end of the day. For my photograph, I played on the idea of taking the photograph of my 5 objects in the mirror of my eyeshadow palette (which was one of my objects) I thought this was interesting as the eyeshadow palette and colours were still visible in the photograph/mirror as well as the other objects. It was also interesting to see other peoples photographs.


No comments:

Post a Comment