Sunday 8 October 2017

Interpretation of Studio brief 2

For Studio brief 2 we were set the task to create a set of 5 logotypes based on a re-brand of my chosen artist or exhibition from the Yorkshire sculpture park. I chose to base it on my chosen artist (Rana Begum's) Occasional geometries exhibition from the sculpture park. In order to create a suitable logotype that showed the personality characteristics of the exhibition, I needed to research into it thoroughly; who, what, where, when, why and how.

So far I have done some initial research into Rana Begum's childhood and upbringing as it has had a huge impact on her work; family life, where she grew up and what it was like living there. I also researched into the exhibition and what inspired each piece as well as what she was trying to communicate through them.

I focused on the way she uses scale, composition and shape. Which influenced my designs as I focused on using repeated pattern and shadows in the same way that she does. I experimented with shape, opacities, layering, cutting up and gradients.

For the logotypes I had to choose to use one of the 6 Vignelli typefaces. When experimenting I started with the typeface Bodoni, however it was not the right type face as it was not symmetrical enough. I then changed it to Futura which worked a lot better as it is a lot more geometry. 








No comments:

Post a Comment