Sunday 22 October 2017

Studio Brief 2 final crit- design boards

Throughout the final crit of Studio brief 2, I received a wide range of both negative and positive feedback from 5 different people. This feedback session was extremely useful as it allowed me to realise where things went wrong, what worked well and how to improve on my work for the next brief starting next week. It was also useful to look at and crit my peers' work as it allowed me to gather more ideas for my own project as well as knowing what doesn't work well when designing a logotype.

The feedback I received:

1. Grade: 52%
- Initial ideas are good but maybe too literal, add more obscure shape and introduce shadows.
-Only use the 'O' and 'G' - I cannot only use the 'O.G' as it wouldn't state what it stands for, it would be too confusing for the audience
-Move the letters around, don't just keep them in the 2 bubbles.
-As an idea it is interseting
-Idea 2 could be developed into something really cool.
-Idea 3 is a good design but maybe it doesn't link to the exhibition enough.
-Idea 4 is really original and unique ,maybe I could of chosen to develop that one instead of the one that I went with in the end
-Talk a little bit more about what inspired me for certain things
-To improve my grade I need more development and a rule to play with

2. Grade: 50%, 59%
-Reference Ranas actual pieces in Rationale page to make argument stronger
-Idea 1 and 2 are similar
-Nicely presented outcomes
-With the posters, why have you chosen specific colours?
-Discuss other artists- I chose to base it purely on the Rana Begum instillations from the exhibition.

3. Grade: 50-59%
-Explain my choices more
-Explain why I stuck with yellow for the poster and black for the others- I wanted to keep most of my into-context ideas in grayscale and experiment with colour only in some ideas as I think it is more important that it works in black rather than colour.
-Experiment more with colour and boldness
-In order to improve I need to challenge my existing skills in order to develop more innovative visual responses

4. Grade: 50-59%
-Try to explain why i've done it more; linking to Begum's history/past
-Neaten up a little bit
-Lots of circular forms within my final logo type; could I play on this more for the context images/ideas?
-Circular business cards would work well
-Where would the animation work on the website? -(I have stated this on my design board)
-Could use the O and G as a logotype on its own
-To improve I could develop my design even more.

5. No grade given
-Likes the circular theme
-Play with just the O and G from the final as a logotype
-With the t-shirt design, try putting the logotype on the back rather than the front
-Talk about the specific pieces from the exhibition more (list the actual names)
-Try making the outline on design 3 thicker
-Neaten up a little bit more
-In the poster; explain why I think the yellow works well against the black
-Idea 1 and 5 are quite similar

 




No comments:

Post a Comment