Monday 30 October 2017

Studio brief 3 initial ideas crit

When presenting my 5 initial ideas in my group crit, I got a range of positive and negative feedback. The main feedback was to continue to create more design experiments but with more rules and structure as my initial ideas are a little bit too free and abstract, not refined enough to work as a full typeface.

I will now create some new typeface designs with key design rules and then develop the idea that works best. I will research and use diagonalpress.com for inspiration when thinking about rules, also because the simple pattern in their work works extremely well and relates to my word; Anfractuous. Another key piece of feedback that I received was to work in lower case instead of upper, as lower case letters have more curves and bends in them.

My notes from the crit:


Bens notes and sketches from crit:



No comments:

Post a Comment