Monday 6 November 2017

Developing my typeface in terms of context and layout

I have begun to develop my typeface in terms of putting it into context for a potential type specimen piece. When experimenting with the idea of a typeface specimen.

I have started to experiment with using different scales, combing the weights (thin, regular, bold), composition of the typefaces at different scales and colour . I have developed my typeface in bold, regular and light to show how it can be used in different context; e.g. light is the most legible so it would work better as a body of text and bold would work best on large scale (the opposite). The colour and layout inspiration comes from my research into tube maps and the colours used within them, as I have interpreted the word 'Anfractuous' with the idea of travel and journeys.

I have also started to put my typeface into context by creating words using it.









No comments:

Post a Comment