Wednesday 29 November 2017

Simultaneous Contrast Development

I have begun to develop the colour theory of Simultaneous contrast that will be shown in my publication for Turquoise. This experiment was extremely fun and playful, using the idea of sweets. I chose six different friends to use; they all ate sweets that included shades of turquoise, blue and green in order to stain their mouths to see how the colour Turquoise changed on each person. The flavour of most of the sweets was blue raspberry as they stain the best, I shopped in 3-4 different sweet stores.

I created this experiment to show how the one colour can change and look different depending on the colour of each persons’ tongue/mouth as well as the shape. The photos successfully show the contrast between the cool tones of the turquoise against the warm tones of pink and red in the the tongue.  change.

I got each person to make different tongue and mouth movements while I took the pictures, this made the process fun and humorous as well. I managed to gather a good amounts of images for each person, I will now select the best ones to develop further. The photographs were taken with and without flash.


         












No comments:

Post a Comment