Wednesday 8 November 2017

Final Specimen

I am extremely happy with the outcome of my type specimen poster and typeface as I feel that I have answered my original aims for my typeface successfully and appropriately. I think that my design clearly communicates my given word ‘Anfractuous’ in terms of the the background research (inspiration from other designers and places), the aesthetics (playful, bold, expressionistic) and meaning and reasoning behind it (the typeface communicates the word ‘Anfractuous’ in the idea of journeys/travel)

The front cover/poster of my design was digitally printed onto A1 matte paper; I think the design works best on big scale as it exaggerates all the shapes and waves of my typeface within the specimen, it also pushes the whole design further than if would if it was printed onto A3 or A2. Choosing the paper for the poster was quite easy as there were only two main matte paper styles to choose from; I chose the thinner version as it would be easier for when I attempt to fold it if I get time to screen print on the other side.

The other side would have my typefaces on; regular and light. The specimen would then get folded to work as a double page spread as well as the original poster on the front.

Furthermore, the typeface is also successful because all of the letters work together as whole as well as well as singular letters and words. The personality of the specimen is playful, fun and expressive as the design is very bold, abstract and colourful. It looks professional and clean even though the typeface as a whole in general is quite abstract and irregular.







No comments:

Post a Comment