Monday 27 November 2017

Module 2; Studio Brief 1 starting point

Studio Brief 1 has been split into several different concepts to explore; visual literacy, colour, layout/grids and visual research. To start off with, I am to focus purely on colour. In order to do this I have been given one Pantone colour at random to base my work on in order to create a publication using book binding.

The colour that I have been given is: 2010, Turquoise, Pantone 15-5519, #45B5AA

"an inviting, luminous hue, as the Color of the Year for 2010. Combining the serene qualities of blue and the invigorating aspects of green, Turquoise inspires thoughts of soothing, tropical waters and a comforting escape from the everyday troubles of the world, while at the same time restoring our sense of wellbeing." - https://www.pantone.com/color-of-the-year-2010

In order to have a healthy amount of work for my publication, I am to throughly experiment and research the colour Turquoise; Have at least 3 elements of colour theories researched and experimented with by Friday (read the colour theory books by Josef Albers and Johannes Itten), written research about colour in general and my given colour, sustained visual experimentation and examples of other designers work.


No comments:

Post a Comment