Thursday 2 November 2017

Studio brief 3 typeface

This is the end product of my final typeface, each letter was thoroughly experimented with until I reached a design that I was happy with. I feel that this is a strong typeface as it communicates my given word (Anfractuous) well and is also strong as a design, each letter from my typeface works well on its own as well as together as words or sentences.

The personality of my typeface is very playful, it is clear to see this as each letter has a different style of wave within it at a different angle throughout, this was a rule I stuck to; to keep the same line weight for each letter but change the waves and bends each time. However, make sure I don't over complicate or simplify one letter too much too the point where it doesn't fit in.

I am now going to be thinking about how to put my typeface into context as a type specimen, I have thought about 3 ideas that may work, I will choose one of these 3 ideas to start to experiment with.

1. A map; the meaning behind the typeface is the idea of journeys, have the typeface laid out in a map grid and then work into it, the map would be able to work folded.
2. A set of 2 A2 posters; screen printed designs which show my typeface working in a collaged aesthetic by adding several colour layers and experimenting with the combination of different scales of the letters (illustrative typographic designs)
3. A zine, more of a simple approach; my typeface neatly shown working in different styles (big, small, punctuation, numbers, words and sentences)


No comments:

Post a Comment