Tuesday 28 November 2017

Ideas Critique

I talked through my initial ideas in a Critique on Monday afternoon. This allowed me gain some feedback on which ideas are strong enough to begin developing, I also received some new ideas that I could try out and develop.

The feedback that I received was extremely helpful;

  • The idea of using turquoise makeup products on different skin tones begins to play on the idea of race too much, rather than shades
  • Don't use ideas that are too literal e.g. the colour of the sea and sky
  • The physical and more playful ideas are the most successful
  • Photography is important to explore my ideas well
  • Find turquoise in the real world
  • The ideas of the sweets and objects is interesting, explore this


For one of my ideas I am sticking to the theme of sweets, but exploring it in a funner way with more depth; Buy loads of turquoise sweets, get a set of 5/6 people and then get the people to each the sweets so that I can photograph their mouths and tongues once the colour has stained.  Making sure it is photographed really well, it will show the contrast of cool and warm tones in one.
(Simultaneous contrast)

Another idea I am going to develop is the idea of finding turquoise objects and places to photograph; the photographs will then be arranged into a colour sequence to show all the different hues, tints and shades of the one colour. (Light and dark)

I also want to explore the colour theory Contrast of Saturation. I am going to experiment this theory using the idea of tints and different opacities of the colour Turquoise, although I am still generating ideas on how I could do this. One idea that I had was to use nail polish layers; apply 30 layers onto the nails and photograph the proccess

After the critique I went into town which allowed me to photograph any Turquoise that I found, I also purchased items that I need in order to explore some ideas; Turquoise nail polish and blue raspberry flavoured sweets.




No comments:

Post a Comment