Wednesday 3 January 2018

3 Most Successful Photographs

These are the 3 most successful photographs for each book (order; Aladdin, Cinderella, The Lion King). Aladdin follows the theme of wealth, glamour and royalty, Cinderella follows the theme of the glass slipper and The Lion King follows the theme of the jungle and nature.




I have experimented with changing the photographs to Black and White. I like the vintage aesthetic it creates, it also represents the idea of the books being centuries old effectively (e.g. the first ever version of Cinderella; Rhodopis, dating back to the 1st Century BC)


I have also experimented with inverting the photographs. I found the outcome of this extremely interesting as all 3 book covers changed to a blue/turquoise hue. I think the idea of a colour palette throughout the 3 book covers works really well and links them together in a nice way.


No comments:

Post a Comment