Wednesday 17 January 2018

Colour Collaging

Today I have created some collages based on my Excel drawing characters that I am using on the front cover of my books. This was to develop the drawings further and to see how they look with more energy and shape to them instead of just using the flat digital versions.

For each drawing, I gathered collage materials that were the same colour as the main colour used in each character: Cinderella; shades of blue, The Lion King; shades of orange, Aladdin; shades of Turquoise. When collaging, I chose to cut and use loose abstract shapes in order to create contrast between the realistic, pixelated illustrations. I found this task extremely fun as I love the art of collage, I will now use them in my book covers to see how they work in context.




No comments:

Post a Comment