Tuesday 23 April 2019

Cover Development

I have now started to develop deigns for the cover of my publication. My initial idea was to use a hardback cover with my designs on, however I found that a soft back cover would be most appropriate as the publication will be available in Universities, collages and other places relevant to my target audience- meaning that a lot of copies would need to be printed. A soft back cover would be a lot more cost efficient and environmental friendly.

Initial ideas and notes for the cover design:


Design developments:







These are my two favourite designs at the moment. I asked two of my peers which they think worked best, one of them mentioned that the stripes background design was harder to read, however my other peer mentioned that they preferred this design over the design with the squares background.

I will continue to develop the design further and make slight tweaks to it- perhaps combining the two designs together and then simplifying it slightly would work. Another critique comment was that I could lay out the cover as if it were a Tweet or Facebook post instead of Instagram.


No comments:

Post a Comment