Wednesday 17 April 2019

Mini Crit

Today I had a mini crit with two of my peers in which I showed them all of my designs for the posters and publication pages that I have created so far. This crit was useful as I mainly needed advice on how to move forward with the cover, introduction pages and last couple of pages/conclusion for my publication.

Feedback:

  • For the title of the publication (out of the 4 initial name ideas) go with 'How social media effects you' the first option 'The effects of social media' sounds too boring and almost like a statement?. Using 'you' is more engaging as it is personal to the reader.
Other rejected name ideas:

-The effects of social media
-Social media and its effects
-Social media? it's effecting you

  • I mentioned that I want the cover to look high quality and make the publication look like it is of high importance so we agreed that hard back cover would be best, specifically a hardback cover without a spine as it would be too complicated and it isn't needed since theres not a big number of pages.
  • The first content page for the 'How To Break Free'/conclusion page could be more experimental with shapes and pattern like the other pages.
  • Pamphlet stitch the main publication pages with hard back cover that uses my design with different paper stock appropriate to hardback binding.

No comments:

Post a Comment