Sunday 7 April 2019

Colour Palette

I felt that one of the main elements of successful design when communicating a message and designing for a campaign is to focus on a strict colour palette that is used throughout, usually consisting of around 3-5 colours. The colour palette should be used on all cases of print and digital media in order to create consistency across all of the elements that are crated.

The use of a consistent colour scheme communicates a stronger message and makes the branding more memorable- this is important because this brief aims to communicate a message to the public, so my branding should be memorable in order to maximise exposure to my target audience.

Furthermore, the target audience played a huge part in the colours that I looked into when creating and researching into a colour palette. My target audience is 18-24 year olds- research shows that they are most active on social media. I felt that a vibrant, young colour palette and aesthetic would work best for this age range, a bold aesthetic is also more eye-catching which is extremely important in communicating a message through design- it needs to be engaging.

Below shows initial research into bold and vibrant colour palettes that I found interesting and relevant towards my target audience:





Furthermore, the colour palette below is the one that I found most interesting and relevant whilst being the most eye-catching, this original palette consists of 5 of the most popular neon colours.


I decided for my final colour palette that I wanted to remove the red, I felt that red isn't really a neon colour and that it wasn't needed- the more minimal and sleek the colour palette is, the better. I really love this colour palette as I feel that neon is on trend at the moment in general in terms of fashion and branding.

No comments:

Post a Comment