Thursday 11 April 2019

Publication Development

I have now started to develop designs for my publication which communicates my message. I have decided to stick with most of my initial ideas for the layout and content of the publication as I feel these ideas work best in giving structure and consistency to the overall publication, both content and design wise.

Furthermore, the publication has a section for each of the 4 areas relating to the issue that I am aiming to cover and communicate, below shows the designs that I have started to develop for each area.

Layout for each of the 4 areas:

  • Start with a title page (use the typography posters, similar design but tweaked slightly)
  • 2/3 Information pages within each section which give general information of the specific area to the issue...look back at all my research! include statistics, quotes, important information that will have an effect on the reader
  • One quote page relating to the issue area
  • An end page which consists of a symbol or illustration relating to the area. Keep it simple, something that the user will easily remember 

I have started with developing title pages, quote page and end page for each area. Furthermore, the title for each area sticks with the theme of the posters: using a short phrase/word. This works as it is snappier and more engaging than using the full description as a title.

Each section mainly uses the colour that it has been assigned (the same as the 4 posters) creating consistency whilst helping each section look different. However, each section also uses the other 3 colours to help the overall publication have a consistent aesthetic and link all of the sections together.

The 4 colours in the colour palette have an opposite colour which is one of the other colours within the colour palette: the opposite to the yellow is the blue, the opposite colour to the pink is the green.
The quote page uses the opposite colour to the background of the title page.

Fuck FOMO section development:



For the end page, I am stuck between these two designs. The first design focuses more on illustration whereas the other design uses a more eye-catching, typography based design. I will ask people for feedback on which they think works best:


You section development:



The symbol for the 'You' section uses a simple heart shape. The 'You' section is about self esteem and mental health, and I feel that self love hugely relates to this.


Is this real section development:



I decided to go with this design for the developed quote page as it stands out more than the previous two designs through the user of bolder text:



Talk to me section development:






Next I am going to develop 2-3 content/informative pages which each of the 4 area provides. These pages will aim to give important information about the area, statistics, facts and more quotes if necessary. The aim for these pages is to have a heavy impact on the reader- making them think deeper into how each area effects/may effect them.

In order to do this, I will need to gather all of the research I have on each area and condense it to the most important points that I feel will have an impact on the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment