Monday 14 May 2018

Casette Labels

I have begun to create cassette sticker labels which will be stuck onto the actual cassettes. Originally, I created these illustrations for my packaging as my initial idea was to create handmade boxes from card, the illustrations would be used on them, however that idea was a little bit bland and I am instead packaging my badges in jiffy bags reminiscent to disco, with my stickers on them.

The illustrations are inspired by objects which relate to Quiet Storm. The roller skates are related to roller discos; popular evening event from the era. The old school radio relates to the fact that Quiet Storm first started out as a radio format. Additionally, aviator sunglasses were a popular accessory which was worn in the 70s.



Since these illustrations are minimal and effective, I think they work great as patterned cassette labels. Since the cassette labels are quite small, I can't create a design with too much detail and small type as it would become hard to see and over complicated with the J-Card design. Also, pattern relates to my genre as pattern was extremely popular in the 70s and 80s for fashion and interior design.

The colours relate to the colours in my J-Card design. However, each of my cassettes is a different colour; one dark purple, one transparent and one pink. I have thought about which colours would contrast with each cassette colour, the blue glasses label would be used on the pink cassette, the yellow roller skates would be used on the purple cassette, and the pink radio label would be used on the clear cassette.

However, I have also created each illustration in just yellow encase that works better, yellow would work well with each cassette colour as it is bright. The yellow also matches the yellow card which I have used for my screen printed J-Cards.






The labels ready to print, they will be printed onto
clear sticker paper so that the colour of the cassette
is visible underneath


No comments:

Post a Comment