Tuesday 15 May 2018

Cassette Label Development

Yesterday I got my cassette label stickers printed. I got them printed onto clear sticker paper so that the colour of the cassette was still visible, I also thought this would look more professional than the normal white sticker paper.

The printed stickers came out really well, however when the yellow and the pink illustration stickers were stuck onto the cassettes, really weren't visible at all, the stickers looked almost distracting. This was a shame because the blue sticker was visible and looked extremely nice on the pink cassette.





 I have decided to re-create my sticker labels as I have time now that I have finished my other designs, but this time I have created them using coloured backgrounds and onto normal sticker paper so that the designs are clear to see. I thought carefully about what colours to use for each cassette; the best contrasts. I have only used colours that appear in my J-Card design.

These are the new coloured backgrounds designs. I think these look a lot better and more disco and upbeat because of the vibrant aesthetic, I have coloured matched them to the physical J-Card screen prints. The yellow sticker would go on the purple cassette, hence the purple illustrations, the pink sticker would go on the clear/black cassette. Additionally, I quite liked the blue glasses label as it was with a white background, but I also re-created it with a purple background to see which I prefer once printed. The blue glasses label would go on the pink cassette.






No comments:

Post a Comment