Friday 4 May 2018

Studio Brief 2 Evaluation

Overall, I felt that this brief was enjoyable towards the end but quite stressful and unorganised at the beginning. It was stressful because it cut into Studio Brief 1 as we only have a couple of weeks left for it now, and I felt that I couldn't continue with my own work along side the group work. This was because a few of the group members didn't contribute as much as they should have, meaning that some of us had to do extra work for the group even though we all had assigned elements to work on throughout. However, towards the middle of the week everyone knuckled down and actually got the work done which meant we had everything done for the presentation as well as physical examples of our work to show.

I felt that the poster didn't link with the other elements as much as it could have, this was mainly because it had more of a modern Swiss design aesthetic rather than the 70s retro aesthetic that runs throughout the rest of the branding. On the other hand, I thought the overall branding was consistent and vibrant, I also think the video that we showed in the presentation was a fun little element to add and worked well with the fun, cheerful mood that we were trying to achieve throughout the presentation. The audience also really enjoyed it.

Furthermore, I worked on the catalogue with another member of the group, however that member was absent for the first 2 days for personal reasons but this meant that I worked on the designs of the catalogue more independently. However, I did not mind this because the other member had also created some interesting designs which we combined with my designs- leading to the final design of the Top Trump cards. I really enjoyed creating the Top Trump cards as the concept was really fun, I also really liked the overall retro aesthetic of them. Additionally, I felt that our exhibition idea was different to everyone else's as it was interactive and fun as it involved the guests actually playing a during the exhibition.

No comments:

Post a Comment