Monday 21 May 2018

Module Evaluation

Overall, this has been the most enjoyable module this year. This was because I feel like I was allowed the most independence, which I prefer to a brief which has to be followed in a certain way, for example the Cell Phone Symphony brief. I think the module was based on really interesting themes; it was extremely fun being able to choose a micro-genre that we enjoy to produce work for, I also felt that Studio Brief 2 was the most successful group project that we have done this year.

I really enjoyed the first brief as the music genre that I chose actually interests me; Quiet Storm, which consists of 70s and 80s soul and disco music. My favourite elements were the J-Cards with the labels and the badges that I created as my object. I found it challenging but fun screen printing 4 different colour layers, however I think in the future I will limit my colour palette. I think the labels that I created add a nice little finishing touch to the cassettes, making them look more bold and funky. The badges were also really fun to design as I was able to experiment with one of my favourite techniques; collage, I would personally wear the badges myself. I also think my overall genre branding was successful as I followed a consistent colour palette where relevant. The packaging for the badges and cassettes was also successful, reminiscent of disco.

Additionally, I was really pleased that our group came second place for the exhibition branding. Our idea was successful because it was more interactive and fun compared to some of the other groups ideas, we chose to focus more on the idea of the tape trumps game. However, I think in some areas we needed more refinement, for example the poster looked more contemporary than retro.

If I were to improve anything it'd be my flag, I think it was more successful when it was digital and smaller. Since it doesn't have loads of little details, it works better in a smaller scale. However, advice off Ben and peers suggested that it looked better simplified, after showing the initial designs. Additionally, I did end up spending a lot of money on this module (around £80) however this couldn't really be helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment