Wednesday 9 May 2018

Packaging Ordering

I have now started to order packaging which would be used to package my badges. Coloured jiffy bags were suggested in yesterdays critique as they would link well with the genre as the metallic style of them matches the disco theme, reminiscent of a disco ball and party decorations. Furthermore, the jiffy bags would have the badges packaged inside them with the stickers stuck on the outside of the bag, the stickers would be the same design as the badges or the stickers could even come as an extra element with the badge inside the bag.

I started to research websites which sell interesting metallic coloured jiffy bags. However, a lot of the websites were either very expensive or the postage costed more than double the price of the bags that I liked. Another issue that I found was that I couldn't find jiffy bags small enough, my badges are going to be 38mm, however the smallest jiffy bag sizes were around 140mm x 165mm.

The postage for these bags was £10.95 when the bags only
came to 80p, so it really wasn't worth ordering these ones.


In the end, I managed to find some more affordable bags. I ended up ordering 2 165mm x 165mm coloured metallic jiffy bags in gold and purple to match the colours in my cassette, this was the smallest size I could get in them so I thought maybe all of the badges could go into one bag. I also ordered 3 holagraphic bags in 114mm x 162mm, I thought maybe the cassettes could be packed in these instead of the badges, but I'll see what they look like when they arrive. Furthermore, I also ordered some small sealable coloured bags for the badges, each badge would go in a different coloured bag, the size of these was also perfect for the badges; 50mm x 50mm.

I ordered the gold and purple jiffy bags from this image

The holagraphic bags I ordered, reminiscent of
a disco ball.

The small coloured sealable bags

No comments:

Post a Comment