Wednesday 2 May 2018

J-Card Screenprint Prep

Before screen printing my final J-Card design, I have printed my design in colour in actual size so that I can physically see what it looks like folded inside a cassette case. This is so that I can see if the design actually works incase anything needs changing. I think the design looks extremely successful and gives off a nice retro disco aesthetic. Furthermore, since my J-Card has one extra panel, that panel was folded inside so it is only visible when you take the cassette and J-Card out to view the track list on the inside of the J-Card.

I think the pink cassette creates a nice contrast with the bright colours in the J-Card design, and also matches well with the pink in the disco ball. However, I also have a yellow and transparent dark purple case that would also match well. I will see which colour cassette works best once the final J-Cards are screen printed as the colours could look different.

Cassette case front

The other side with the cassette visible

Side view

Since my J-Card will be printed onto yellow paper, it means I will need to create 4 separate colour layers when screen printing; layer 1 (white for behind some of the colour imagery), layer 2 (purple), layer 3 (pink) and layer 4 (blue)

White

Purple

Pink

Blue

No comments:

Post a Comment