Tuesday 8 May 2018

Mini Critique

Today I had a mini critique with Ben and a few of my peers. The critique was quick and useful, I presented what I had created so far and was then told what I could develop and what worked well as it was, I presented my J-Card, flag and objects.

Notes from the critique:

  • The badges were liked, the only thing to develop for them now could be to possibly change the colour palettes so they all slightly match... or make the colours match the J-Card if needed? However, they work well as they are as well.
The badge designs that I showed in the crit

  • For the badges, next think about how they'd be packaged. Coloured jiffy bags were suggested with the stickers stuck on (the stickers would be same as the badges). Jiffy bags would link well with the genre as the metallic style of them matches the disco theme, reminiscent of a disco ball and disco parties.

  • The flag: 
  • Make it more disco by perhaps replacing the moon with a disco ball or a radio dial (making it link with the J-Card and the fact that the genre started as a radio format) 
  • Take away the type and replace it with type related to the original radio channel (WHUR.FM)
  • Change the colours slightly to look more 70s/80s appropriate, match the J-Card
  • Remove the hot air balloon
  • A reflective light could come off the moon like a disco ball reflection.



The flag that I showed in the crit
(not finished)
The flag now after making starting to
make the changes, still developing



  • The J-Card was liked overall by Ben and my peers. The only change that could be made is that for the back of the J-Card, the title and artist could be different weights or styles to separate them… However, I have already screen printed my J-Cards as they are, if I have time I could maybe change it but it seems a bit much to re-do the whole J-Card (consisting of 4 colour layers) just for a small adjustment, I could show it with the different type digitally and on the design board.
Opposite alignments

Artists name in Itallic

Artists name slightly smaller

No comments:

Post a Comment