Saturday 5 May 2018

Final Badges (Object)

I have now started to develop my initial badge designs further. I am extremely happy with these designs and feel that they could be possibly be the final designs that I send off to be made into badges, I will present these designs in a critique or ask for advice from peers to see if anything needs changing. Each design explores the technique of collage, consisting of imagery relevant to the 70s and 80s as well as imagery of artists that appear in my Quiet Storm playlist. I have also combined some of the designs with imagery of radio dials; Quiet Storm first started as a radio format in the 70s.

Designs 2, 3 and 4 have been kept as they were as I am happy with them and they were also favourites of my peers as well as me. The designs that I changed were design 1 and 5. Design 1 still uses imagery of the Jackson 5; a group that appear in my Quiet Storm playlist, they are also one of my favourites from the genre. However, the original design which was inspired by the Jackson 5 had quite a distracting background (a disco ball texture), I changed the background to a radio dial to match design 5, and used a disco ball in the middle circle instead. I also used a different image of the Jackson 5 as this one worked better. I also think that the purple and yellow are a nice contrast.

Additionally, design 5 is a completely new design. The badge uses an image of Minnie Riperton as the main focus (her song 'Lovin You' appears in my playlist), along side an image of troll dolls; trolls were a popular toy from the era of Quiet Storm. The trolls give the badge a fun look, as well as the 'Super Fly' type which I edited from a 70s poster. I have also used an image of Rick James as he also appears in my playlist, I particularly liked that image of him because of his outfit and pose.


Design 1

Design 2

Design 3

Design 4

Design 5

No comments:

Post a Comment