Monday 21 May 2018

Final Critique

Today we had our final silent critique in which I displayed all of my elements; my flag, J-Card inside the cassettes, cassette packaging, badges, badge packaging and stickers. I was really happy with all of my feedback as the majority of it was positive, everyone seemed to enjoy all of the elements and mentioned they mentioned that the genre was successfully communicated aesthetically. The areas that mentioned needed approving I agree with.

Positive feedback;

  • The designs work really well, the research has clearly influenced the design decisions
  • Loves the aesthetic , really get a sense of what the era/micro-genre was like first-hand
  • The packaging is lovely. Really good attention to detail, a lot of effort has clearly gone into the work
  • Stickers are interesting and add a really fun element. Are the collages your own? Yes I created them all myself, but used elements of imagery that I found relating to my genre, and then collaged and edited it together
  • Packaging is really strong
  • Flag is really strong- good use of colour, reflects theme best
  • Nice type on spine of the cassette
  • The production of the objects and packaging are really well considered, and covered well by the rationale
  • Really love the overall feel
  • The packaging is really good and work really well with the theme. The stickers and pins are really cool, they work well with the other elements
  • The work connects and is visually pleasing, the bright colours stand out and are used well throughout the project
  • Great flag
  • Objects are very interesting and developed/produced well
  • Love the packaging, could I think of a context it would be distributed under? This is how the badges and cassettes would be purchased online or in person
  • Really nice attention to detail; the little sticker on the spine of the case
  • The stickers are so retro and groovy 
  • Good roller disco idea! Everything matches this idea. Could get a disco ball for the exhibition. I like this idea! but I might not have enough room in the exhibition space for it
  • Really nice flag
  • Stickers are really cute!
Areas to improve/consider;

  • Think of things to do for social media, photograph people wearing the badges. I like this idea, I will photograph the badges on clothing for my design boards
  • Typography on J-Card could have been pushed further, more experimental in typeface or format. I agree with this, I could have experimented with layout more for the track list on the inside
  • Could be simplified as I have a lot of visuals- could get confusing. It would be more helpful if they mention which element they mean
  • Could consider adding a metallic layer to the flag. I really like this idea as it relates well with disco and the metallic packaging, I could do this with foiling. However, I don't think I have enough time to change it now
  • Flag could be improved. I agree in some ways, however a lot of people mentioned they liked the flag
  • J-Cards feel slightly detached due to more tropical colour scheme. This is due to the colours more being as vibrant when screen printed, this is just how the ink works. The digital versions are a lot bolder

No comments:

Post a Comment