Tuesday 26 February 2019

Choosing a Topic

Studio Brief 2 focuses on investigating graphic design outputs relating to social, political and ethical change. Throughout the brief I must aim to increase my awareness of historical examples plus contemporary practice that is responsive to 21st Century issues. The issue can either be something world wide or something local and more personal to us.

The issue that I focus on for this brief must be something that I feel really strongly about, so possibly something that I am already really interested in would be best to focus on as I already have knowledge on it. I am really excited by this brief as it allows me to tackle something that is more personal to me, making it more enjoyable. The end outcome should successfully get a message out there.

Issues that first sparked to mind:

  • Animal testing/using animal fur/skin for luxuries 
  • Making sure pandas don't get back on the endangered list (as Pandas are my favourite animals)- preventing animal endangerment world wide
  • Social media and the effects that it has on relationships with people/ social media and dating...how easy it is to check what people are doing 24/7
  • The update syndrome (feeling like you ALWAYS have to be updated with social media)
  • The effects social media has on self love...also how social media influencers promote self love but at the same time they effect our self esteem
  • Self love and how it is becoming harder to do this in todays society

Furthermore, after spending the day thinking over these ideas I found that the concepts that interested me the most were the social media related ideas. Also, since a lot of people my age will be able to relate to this issue, it means I would be able to possibly gather first hand research such as surveys.

No comments:

Post a Comment