Thursday 7 February 2019

Further Flyer and Poster Development

After showing Annie and Jess the designs that I have created so far, they gave some feedback on what they think could be tweaked. Most of it related to colour and the layout of the crisp packet flyer designs. They mentioned maybe creating each package/element for the exhibition in a different colour...however I think this will create inconsistency and the overall designs will just look too out of place together, the colours used also have reasons behind them.

I showed them the initial designs which use different colours in different areas and explained that the pinks and more minimal colour palette was best. However, they especially liked the idea of using more yellow, so I created some more mockups for the poster and flyer designs which use more yellow alongside the pink and white/grey shades. However, the yellow really didn't work for the carton inspired poster- the pink works a lot better and also links to an actual flavour (strawberry milkshake).


Original developed strawberry milkshake poster
(still found to remain the best one)

They also mentioned that in a mini critique they had that people mentioned the flyer front cover design didn't look obvious that it was a crisp pocket. However I did mention that these designs still need further developing as I only started them a day or two ago and that I have ideas on how I am going to develop the design further to look more like a crisp packet through including language about flavours and more crisp packet design elements. 

Furthermore, I also tried to incorporate more yellow into the flyer design and tone down the pink a bit more like they mentioned. However, the same as the posters the yellow really didn't work as well as the pink and grey/white colour palette, I showed them these designs and they also agreed that the more pink designs were better. I thought that the yellow backgrounds looked awful and tacky.



Below shows the two designs that work best so far. Im not sure which I prefer so I will show this in tomorrows critique and ask people to vote on which they prefer best, I will also do this with the other exhibition designs that I am stuck between.



No comments:

Post a Comment