Friday 8 February 2019

Final Critique

Today I had a final critique for responsive, my critique was with Helena and 3 of my peers. Dom mentioned to show the designs that we felt we wanted most advice on, since I have pretty much finished Studio brief 1, I decided to show the designs that I have created for Studio brief 2 (the end of year exhibition). During the critique I briefly explained the concept behind the exhibition and how the branding reflects on it.

The work that I presented (printed as A3 sheets for the critique):



I didn't really get much feedback on how to improve as my peers mentioned that everything was already working well and that the branding had a consistent theme, and that i'd gotten quite a lot done considering considering the time I've had for this brief. Everyone also seemed to like how the concept was reflected through clever imagery and language using the idea of food packaging. Another comment mentioned that for the flyers I could use thick paper stock which relates to packaging- however thicker paper is quite difficult to print double sided as it often jams the printer and digital print only offers a small selection of papers for double sided printing.

I asked which colour everyone preferred for the sides of the folly- everyone agreed that the bright pink with the white text worked best as it matches the uni logo. I also asked how I could develop the publication advert designs, Helena mentioned that I could make the logo more obvious somewhere and play around with type more.

No comments:

Post a Comment