Sunday 3 February 2019

Presentation Critique

Today I had a presentation in which I had to present to a member of staff (Dom) and 2 other students, this meant that we were able to observe each other and act as both client and designer. We were each given a 10 minute window to present and get feedback, so the presentation had to be short but thorough; mentioning the most important stages of the designs and development, as well as explaining the brief.

I found the presentation feedback really useful and I got some good points on how to develop my designs further, however most of my designs that I showed were final outcomes instead of designs that were still in the development stage. It was a bit of an issue having a critique so late since I wanted the Durex brief finished at this point so I can focus more on the creative advertising brief, having a critique this late meant that I have to continue to make more changes to the designs which could have been done a lot earlier.

Throughout the critique I spoke about the message that I am trying to communicate through my designs, the research that influenced my designs and how I approached the sensitive topic that the brief tackles, as well as explaining each element that I have created for the campaign.

The main point that was mentioned was that the posters should be developed so that they have the same illustrative aesthetic as the social media videos and the stickers, instead of being photography based. Everyone agreed that the more illustrative designs are a lot more exciting and eye-catching. I agreed with this comment as the photographs used for the posters didn't really have the same aesthetic as everything else that I later created for the campaign. I will now re-design the posters to have the same illustrative designs as the social media illustrations, however I can still use the same concept for each poster.

The condom typography that I created for the front cover of the concertina book was also found interesting by everyone, Dom mentioned that this could also be used on the posters.

A few of the slides from my presentation:

Slide showing the photography based posters

Stickers shown physically and digitally

Concertina elements

Social media mockups with illustration video shown working


No comments:

Post a Comment