Wednesday 6 February 2019

Flyer Development

I have now started to develop designs for the double sided flyer. Each element that will be created for the exhibition focuses on a different type of food packaging, the flyer focuses on packaging of a crisp packet. My initial idea was to create a crisp packet within the page- however I think this could look a bit out of place so I decided to design the packet within the document page. 

Below shows the initial designs that I created. The waves and logo shape take their references from the shapes used in the carton design in order to create consistency throughout the exhibition design, the waves also relate to how creating a piece of work is never a smooth process. 


Additionally, the back of the flyer will use the same design that I created earlier this week- usually the front of a crisp packet is more design heavy than the back, the back aims to contain the key ingredient and values/nutrition information, as well as elements such as barcodes and brand tag lines/a paragraph about the product or brand.

Back

These are the two developed designs so far. I wasn't sure which colours worked better so I asked 3 of my peers which they preferred; they all liked the pink background design more as it is more eye-catching. The design at the moment displays the exhibition name, the first sentence from the exhibition copy write 'We've been providing the best opportunities for our students since 1846', recycling information and small promotional details.

The design needs developing further as at the moment its not instantly obvious that it is a crisp packet, it just looks like some sort of packaging cover. This could possibly be achieved by maybe adding crisp packet texture and flavour information.




No comments:

Post a Comment