Sunday 10 March 2019

Direct Message to @theslumflower

I also thought it would be useful to gather some feedback off social media influencers as they are extremely relevant to the issue I am focusing on. I chose to contact one of my favourite social media influencers/authors; Chidera Eggerue (@theslumflower).

Chidera is a writer and fashion blogger. She is best known for her book, What a Time to Be Alone, and the online campaign #SaggyBoobsMatter.

Her work highly focuses on topics such as self love, feminism, equality and finding your own peace.

Eggerue started the #SaggyBoobsMatter movement in 2017 in a bid to challenge societal expectations surrounding breasts. The hashtag surged in popularity and soon became viral, propelling Eggerue into the heart of the body positivity movement, making her a key spokesperson.

Furthermore, If I don't receive a response from Chidera, I will try to contact a few other similar social media influencers that I think would be useful to gain some insight from and research into.




No comments:

Post a Comment