Tuesday 5 March 2019

Initial Idea Research

Today I gathered some research based one of my favourite initial ideas for the map. The initial ideas that I researched further are the ones related to the colour pink; one of these ideas focuses on a journey connecting and showing all of the pink buildings and sights in Leeds.

However, I chose to focus on the second idea that I came up with relating to the colour pink; the initial idea was to focus on and observe how many times I see someone wearing the colour pink whilst walking through town. I thought it would be more interesting if this had a rule such as a time limit of half an hour, or to a certain location.

I chose to record how many times I saw someone wearing the colour pink whilst I walked from uni to Dry Dock for lunch, I made sure my walk was 10 minutes long (this was my rule). I also recorded the type of clothing that I saw people wearing and how many times I saw it worn:

  • seven pink coats
  • one pink hat
  • two pink hoodies
  • five pink jackets
  • six pink bags (including carrier bags)
  • two pink bottoms (jeans and leggings)
  • two pink t-shirts
  • one pink scarf
  • one pink sweatshirt
  • one pink jumper

Additionally, whilst on my walk I saw the colour pink worn 28 times.


Dry Dock to LAU
LAU to Dry Dock


The weather whilst I walked there

Furthermore, I can now begin to come up with some ideas on how I could visually represent this idea or develop it further; maybe a longer journey or a different route to somewhere else that relates to the colour pink in a way. I will present all of what I have gathered on Friday.

Photographs from end destination (Dry Dock):



No comments:

Post a Comment