Monday 18 March 2019

Map Crit

Today I had a quick critique with Helena and 2 other peers in which I showed my ideas and development for my map so far in other to gain feedback on which designs to develop further. I got some interesting feedback points but some of them weren't so useful and realistic.

Also I mentioned that I was worried some of my designs didn't really look like a map, however it was mentioned that the design could be as abstract as you wanted- it doesn't have to look like a map at all if that is appropriate to your concept. This was useful to know as I feel that I can experiment more now without restrictions.

  • The 28 shades idea is the most interesting as it relates and reflects my concept well (I saw 28 items of pink clothing throughout my journey)
  • The map line doesn't have to be there (doesn't have to literally look like the map) so maybe take it out if I go with a more abstract approach moving forward
  • Incorporate the 28 shades design into the Pantone layout and see how it looks
  • The 28 shades idea screen printed- I mentioned that this may be extremely hard. However, I could do it through building up the pink shades slowly within the same exposed square- the pink shades would gradually get darker and I would just keep adding more colour into the emulsion
  • 28 different shades shown in the pink air dropper icon and the window that comes up- could be an interesting colour related concept
  • If the 28 screen printed shades was too difficult to do, I could also do a digitally printed version and maybe keep the screen printed version more minimal and just the colours
  • Title idea: 28 pinks in 10 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment