Monday 25 March 2019

Idea Discussion

Today I had a small critique with Helena and a couple of my peers in which I discussed my 'issue' and the areas of the particular issue which I am focussing on, as well as ideas for how to develop these ideas into designs.

The critique was more of a chatty discussion which I found really useful as I got some really interesting ideas for how I could approach my issue through the designs that I create, I also got some interesting ideas that I could look further into. I will now be able to develop these design ideas over Easter.

Feedback:

  • Idea of using production methods that were used before social media- could be an A2 newsprint fold out as newspapers were how people kept 'up to date' with things before social media. However, further feedback mentioned to focus more on design for screen which I agree with...but maybe I could use newspaper grid systems and design details instead?
  • App which controls your screen time- e.g. limits you to 5 hours per day, tries to reduce your screen time by tiny amounts each day till it adds up to a lot?
  • 'You are here: after the internet' -book to read
  • The focus of 'fake accounts'/ linking to the area within the issue that focuses on the fake version of ourselves that we show online
  • The 'fake version' idea could be visualised through heavy focus on clever photography and animation too perhaps
  • Combine photography with social media details (icons, layouts, buttons, chat bubbles, small interesting details)- show this visually in a clever way. Research more into photography relating to this 
  • 'Fake version'- communicated through masks on people?
  • The issue should focus on being communicated through design for screen and should have a heavy focus on social media and how it could be shown on social media. This is how it will get most exposure as the target audience is 18-24 year olds (the ages which are most active on social media)
  • 'Vs' idea- the actual post vs the behind the scenes (Instagram posts for example) or...the real you vs the online you
  • Since it will be heavily design for screen, animation could be something to incorporate into the designs, also relevant to the young target audience

No comments:

Post a Comment