Wednesday 20 March 2019

Further Map Development

Following the critique with Helena on Monday, I have developed my map design ideas using the feedback and ideas that I received. The main piece of feedback that I got was that the designs which follow the concept of showing 28 shades of pink looked visually most interesting as well as being the most relevant to my concept (28 items of pink clothing in 10 minutes, counted through a journey).

I started by incorporating the 28 shades design into the Pantone card design concept as I thought this may be an interesting combination as it still focuses on the same concept, I played around with typefaces and colour a little to see what worked best. However, I still think that the 28 pink shades square would look better on its own without the Pantone layout.



Additionally, I also developed some designs which focus on the concept of colour through using colour editing windows and icons which appear on design softwares. I really liked this idea as it relates to the theme of colour and I was able to incorporate the 28 shades into it which created a really interesting, funky design. I developed this further by exaggerating the colour pink by adding it to every detail.



Furthermore, these ideas are interesting but I still think screen printing this would definitely be way too difficult and time consuming considering my screen print slot is only for one morning so I would have to digitally print these. If this brief was more substantial and longer I would try to figure out ways around this issue. 

I will speak to Dom this week and show her these designs as well as my previous designs in order to gain some feedback on what to screen print and what to possibly digitally print as I need to decide on my final map design so I can start to print next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment